Friday, July 27, 2012

Schumacher: I just ran out of road

Michael Schumacher shrugged off his crash during second practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix, saying he had simply run out of track.

The Mercedes crashed into the tyre barriers after his car careered off track in the wet conditions, having locked his front tyres. Schumacher's car suffered damage to the front end.

The German said it had been a strange accident, but played down its significance.

"I just ran out of road. I locked up and I couldn't stop the car anymore," said Schumacher, 10th quickest in the session. "I don't think it was aquaplaning.

"It's a bit strange, but nevertheless, you have to put a cross on it and forget about it," added the Mercedes driver, who had also crashed during practice last weekend in Germany.

Schumacher admitted he would welcome the rain in the race, as he reckons it would mean a better chance of doing well for his team.

"I think the rain might be an opportunity as we have seen at Silverstone, so let's see what happens."
Team-mate Nico Rosberg was 11th fastest, and the German conceded his car was not as strong as he was hoping ahead of the start of the weekend.

"It was a decent day of testing," he said. "Not a very promising day for us. I expected to be stronger. We tried some major things, especially on my car but it didn't really work out."

No comments:

Post a Comment